Difference between parameterization and correlation
- Parameter is a container which is used to hold the values that are used in Vugen script.
- Parameterization is used to send the different values(Unique values) to the Vugen script from the parameter file.
- It will help a single virtual vuser to use different data on each run.
- Most important part that it is used to simulates real-life usage of an application as it avoids server from caching results.
- There are different type parameter present in loadrunner.
- Parameter will hold the value which is saved in the parameter files.
- Main difference about parameter is that the values will be already present in the file even before the start of the script.
- Therefore scripts will not fail because of not finding the values.
Click Here to read more about parametrization and its most important attributes.
- Correlation is a mechanism of handling the dynamic values passed from the server to the script.
- It is important aspect which will let the script run end to end without any error.
- There are two type of correlation which we can use in load runner.
- Correlation value is captured from the response of the request and then the correlation value will passed to next request.
- Therefore the script will run without any issues.
- Dynamic values need to be handled in the script which will done using correlation.
- Correlation values are captured during the script execution.
- Therefore there is high chance that if the boundary are empty during the reply of the script. Then script might fail due to the error message.
Click Here to read more about correlation and its most important attributes.