Below are the most important list of Run Time functions present in load runner.
- lr_load_dll function loads a DLL (Windows) or shared object (Linux) allowing you to call an external function when replaying using the C interpreter.
- Once you load the DLL, you can call any function defined in the DLL, without having to declare it.
- On Windows platforms, except for the SAP GUI protocol, if you do not specify a path, lr_load_dll searches for the DLL using the standard sequence used by the C++ function, LoadLibrary.
- Example : lr_load_dll("user32.dll");
- lr_peek_events function suspends the Vuser script run and checks for events before resuming.
- Scripts written in C language perform this check internally. Therefore, there is no need to use the lr_peek_events function.
- Scripts written in Java do not perform this check internally. Therefore, insert this function into your Vuser script at the point at which you want the Vuser to pause.
- Example : lr_peek_events();
- lr_think_time allows you to pause test execution during a run.
- This is especially useful in simulating think time, the time a real user pauses to think between actions.
- Example : lr.think_time(1);
- lr_rendezvous function creates a rendezvous point in a Vuser script.
- When this statement is executed, the Vuser program stops and waits for permission to continue.
- This function can only be used in an action section, and not in vuser_init or vuser_end.
- Example : lr.rendezvous("QueryRendz");
- lr_continue_on_error function specifies how to handle errors.
- You can choose to continue running if an error occurs, or to abort the run execution.
- To continue script execution even when errors occur, select the Continue on Error check box in VuGen's Runtime Settings.
- Example : lr_continue_on_error(1);
- lr_abort function aborts the execution of a script .
- It stops the execution of the Actions section, executes the vuser_end section, and ends the execution.
- This function is useful when you need to manually abort a run as a result of a specific error condition.
- When you end a run using this function, the status is "Stopped."
- Example : lr.abort( );