Recording Option Present in Vugen
General => Recording:-
In Recording Option, the recording is one of the important ways of recording the scripting Vugen. They are
HTML - Based Script :
- In HTML mode, only the end user action performed by the user will be capture. Therefore the script will have only the action which performed by user in form of web submit request. The other url in the page will not be captured.
URL Based Mode:
- All the urls present in that particular page will be captured in script. Most importantly all the java script in the page will also be recorded in this mode. Any action or url which is not able to be captured by the HTML mode will be captured in URL mode.
General => Script:-
In Script section of recording option. We will see the basic information about the language which is used to record the script. You can change the language before the recording of the script. Best practice not to change the language because we might be seeing some error during the scripting and modification. the protocol will be used. And some of the other important options as well where we can define it.
- If you check the AUT box then all the AUT process which automatically be closed once the recording will be stopped.
- Next option where you can explicitly specific how much think time it should be added after end of each transaction. If you check this box then the think time will be auto added with the specified value after each transaction.
- So you can specific explicitly to generate the event log for recording. It will contain what are the action which we performed during recording of the script step by step.
- Even we can specif to generate a think time if a particular request take more than the time specified in this section.
- Importantly the Number of lines to be there in each action will be specified here. If your script is very long and your script flow will be taking more than 60000 lines then you can change the number of lines here.
General => Protocol :-
Here you let you know what all type of protocol you have selected for this script. If you have selected multiple protocol during script creation and you need only one protocol to record , so you can select the protocol which you need for recording. Example : Your using two different protocol for your script, one for logging into the application(Remote Desktop) and then your recording the script, therefore you can use by selecting the required option in protocol section during recording.
General => Code Generation
If you want to search for the automation correlation in the recorded script you can use this option. Importantly if you don't want to run the auto correlation scan after the script recording is completed then you can opt out of this option. And also it will search for Aysnc call in the recorded script, if you know that your application is not having any Aysnc call then you can unchecked this option. Therefore the best idea is to go with both the option checked.
Correlation => Configuration
It has three section in this configuration
- First section is scan section, where it will scan for the Rules of auto correlation and after the recording and even in the replay log the scan will happen.
- In second section you can select what values to be ignored and what api need to be used for auto correlation.
- Third section where you will specif with which the text need to be compared.
Correlation => Rules
Here you can write your left boundaries and right boundaries for your auto correlation for each type of protocol in this section. Beside that even you you can import the correlation rules from different script and you can export the rules created in this script.
HTTP Properties => Advanced
It offers various settings related to HTTP binding. Reset context for each action, enabling this option instructs VUGen to reset all HTTP contexts between actions to their initial state before recording, providing a clean beginning for the recording session.
- And snapshot of recording can be saved locally for reference.
- Generation of web_reg_find function for all the pages
- It can add a comment to the HTTP error message from the server
- It can parameterize there server side names.
- Generate Cookies and web socket traffic in the script.
- Replace a parameterize with coded values and even you can add header to your scripts.
Network => Mapping and Filtering
It is the most important section where the traffic of the recorded script will go pass through and get recorded. We have three option in Mapping and filtering where each option will different purpose,
- Socket level data:-
- Socket level data will select this option for most of the web browser application in recording option. Because the data which will pass from browser to Vugen will talk through sockets.
- WINLet level data:-
- WINLet level data will be used for Desktop application to record the traffic between the application.
- Socket/WINLet Level data:-
- By default option used for most of the application. Because only if there data is recording in this option we change to other option and try to record the script.